Monday, January 14, 2008

Financial Expert

Dear Mom,

I hate dealing with money, but the thought of hiring someone to handle it for me sounds crazy, that would be spending money I'll never see again, now wouldn't it? And out of the little I have the fee would negate any gains. Besides, money managers think that money is the be-all and end-all of life, and that's not a balanced attitude. I'd as soon go to a psychiatrist to help me with my personality foibles; those people got into the business they're in because they're *really *not* well*.

I'll keep reading and studying, and trying to save a little. Sometimes I feel so insecure...but I'm sure I'll be working until I'm dead, at something or other.

Don's influenced me in a bad way, I never balance my accounts. I check my balance online because I rarely write a check, I use my debit card for almost everything. I do justify all the entries against my receipts to make sure nothing's been entered without my knowledge, possibly pointing to a misuse of my account. I can view my purchases, cancelled checks and deposits online. But over and above that, I finally figured it out; I have what they say I have, and not a penny more, so I don't worry about it.

So that's my current money strategy; Dopey.

I love you,

Lisa

No comments: